Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay mode for Ipad ?

I'm using an iPad mini 4 with LTE as my primary car radio, GPS, Siri etc... Without jail breaking my device, has anyone heard of Apple developing a CarPlay mode for iPad?

Posted on Apr 20, 2017 4:53 AM

3 replies

Apr 20, 2017 5:46 PM in response to rpfromtampa

Hello rpfromtampa,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about connecting your iPad Mini with your car. Although this article: Set up CarPlay with your iPhone states:

You need an iPhone 5 or later to use CarPlay.

There are other options. You can connect your iPad with a compatible car stereo using Bluetooth, a USB cable, or even a 3.5mm cable.

To use a Bluetooth connection, please check this help article: Set up and use third-party Bluetooth accessories .

To use the USB connection, plug in the iPad using the lightning to USB cable that was provided with your device into the USB port of your car stereo.

To use the 3.5mm port on your stereo, you will need this adaptor: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter . This is discussed in this article: Use Apple headphones with your iPhone, iPad, and iPod . The section that applies says:

The Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter lets you connect 3.5 mm headphones and other audio devices to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that has a Lightning connector. Your iOS device also needs iOS 10 or later.

If you are experiencing issues connecting your device to your stereo, please check the information and troubleshooting steps provided here: Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo .

Thanks and have a wonderful evening.

CarPlay mode for Ipad ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.