Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect to the account "comcast.net"

All of a sudden I am challenged with this blocking message when i try to send email replies of compose new emails

@can't connect to the account "comcast.net"

Then it asks

Enter the password for user "......@comcaat.net"

When I enter the password it says

Unable to verify account name and password.

What is up with this challenge

Posted on Apr 20, 2017 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2017 11:00 AM

Go to the Comcast/Xfinity website and verify the settings they recommend there. If you are able to receive mail but not send, then check the settings in your SMTP server. That is the server that handles sending mail. Make sure your username (everything before the @) is there, and your password. SSL also has to be turned on.

If you are hesitant to change the settings, then remove the mail account from the device and add it back again. It should verify the IMAP account settings on its own.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2017 11:00 AM in response to Jsmdoor20@C6070¥

Go to the Comcast/Xfinity website and verify the settings they recommend there. If you are able to receive mail but not send, then check the settings in your SMTP server. That is the server that handles sending mail. Make sure your username (everything before the @) is there, and your password. SSL also has to be turned on.

If you are hesitant to change the settings, then remove the mail account from the device and add it back again. It should verify the IMAP account settings on its own.

can't connect to the account "comcast.net"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.