Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clear Analytics Data from the iPhone without sending to Apple ?

Hi,

I have under the Privacy -> Analytics settings both the Share toggles switched off, however Analytics data is still being collected and have amassed a fair bit so far - how can I erase it all without Resetting my iPhone ?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2017 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2018 7:25 PM

This data collection is not just crashed apps and pages. After combing throw the "analytical data crash reports" I discovered something that really shocked me. Collected data from a private browsing app I used specifically for PRIVACY! Adding insult to injury are the permanent cookies. I've followed every step, on every site, forum, article, etc. The cookies are always there. These two things alone are so invasive that I cannot see any alternative other than going with another company. Bunch of Peeping Tom creeps!

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2018 7:25 PM in response to imobl

This data collection is not just crashed apps and pages. After combing throw the "analytical data crash reports" I discovered something that really shocked me. Collected data from a private browsing app I used specifically for PRIVACY! Adding insult to injury are the permanent cookies. I've followed every step, on every site, forum, article, etc. The cookies are always there. These two things alone are so invasive that I cannot see any alternative other than going with another company. Bunch of Peeping Tom creeps!

Jan 2, 2018 5:43 AM in response to Just G 11

Great idea! Get an Android device. Google owns it, and they state that they track everything you do with the phone, and sell that information to advertisers. Much more secure than Apple, who don't collect or sell any of your data.

If you saw content from a private browsing app in analytics, that simply means that the app was not doing what you think it's doing. App data in analytics is expressly put there by the app developer, usually to get info on bugs in the app. Apple doesn't use that data, but forwards it to the app developer.

Apr 21, 2017 9:43 AM in response to svaardt

Greetings svaardt,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see that you have sharing turned off in Privacy > Analytics, but you are wondering if you can erase what has been collected so far in Analytics Data.

It's not possible to erase the already collected data without erasing the iPhone.

Additional information can be found here: Share analytics, diagnostics, and usage information with Apple .

If you do decide to erase your iPhone, remember that it's always a good idea to back up your important data before erasing: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch .

Best Regards.

How to clear Analytics Data from the iPhone without sending to Apple ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.