Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samson C03U USB Microphone

For some reason, my USB microphone is not being recognized by Logic Express...I had it working before but now nothing? The only options I see under my Core Audio prefs are Internal Microphone and Line-In? Any ideas why the mic isn't working now even when record-enabling a track?

It seems to have disappeared after I changed the Core Audio settings.....I've changed them back and now the USB Audio Device won't disappear?

The strange thing is, it DOES work in GarageBand, and any other audio app I attempt to record audio with using the USB microphone, it works in everything except Logic Express...

Note: i've also tried installing a copy of Logic Express on my PPC Mac Mini G4, and the same thing happens - it works once, then if I change a setting in Core Audio, I only see the 2 options, not the Samson USB Device....

HELP!

MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 30, 2006 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2006 1:42 PM

You need to get it recognized in Audio/MIDI set up, and create an aggregate device.

This thread explains how:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2094732&#2094732

It seems to have disappeared after I changed the Core Audio setting

You may have changed the previously selected driver - that would do it.
2 replies

Dec 30, 2006 2:04 PM in response to John Alcock

THAT WORKED!!! However can you tell me how I can reduce the noise in the microphone's recording with that Audio / midi setup utility?

I've noticed that turning the record level WAY down in Logic Express, there's still too much hissing in the background. In GarageBand, there's next to none....

Does this have something to do with the Audio / Midi setup utility?

The article says you need to select the built in input as well as the usb mic....

Samson C03U USB Microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.