Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari closing when I try to drag picture from internet

I'm using Safari 10.1 & El Capitan.

Now when I try to click & drag a picture from a website (e.g. to put album cover into iTunes) it doesn't work & a crash report to Apple opens up in a separate window. This has been happening for about the last week or 2 - possibly since the last Safari update.

Is anybody else having a similar problem? Is it something Apple are aware of or am I just unlucky? Any help appreciated.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 21, 2017 3:42 PM

7 replies

Apr 21, 2017 3:46 PM in response to jane666

Hi,

Remove cookies and history.

Go to your Safari menu bar, click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Manage Website Data. It may take a minute or two for cookies to populate then click Remove All.

Then go to your Safari menu bar again, click History > Clear History

Quit then relaunch Safari and try dragging a pic. If that didn't help, you may have a Safari extension or third party plug-in installed that's causing a conflict.

Troubleshooting help here > If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues - Apple Support

May 16, 2017 10:45 AM in response to jane666

Yesterday's update to Safari 10.1.1 addresses this. Same happened to me. Spent hours with Senior engineer person who claimed not to have heard about this problem, but promised to make a report to their software guys based on screenshots and diagnostic reports ofmy computer's behaviour. Lo and behold, they quietly updated Safari yesterday, and now all is well.

Safari closing when I try to drag picture from internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.