Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete phone number in Device Info

Hello,

I have an iPhone 6S with iOS 10.
A while ago, I handed over my former professional sim card and did not replace it.
I now use my iPhone with wifi only.

However, the old phone number (+ 1 2...) is still present, as you can see on the screenshot.

User uploaded file
Can I erase it? I do not want the person using that sim card to receive verification messages from Apple.

Thank you in advance!

Posted on Apr 21, 2017 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2017 11:00 AM

Something else to try.

On your device, go to Settings iCloud Keychain and switch Keychain off then on again.

Tap "Approve with Security Code", tap "Forgot Code" and then tap "Reset".

Follow the instructions to reset iCloud keychain and create a new passcode.

You will then be prompted to update to your new number. Add a bogus number if you have to.

Learned from Zinacef

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2017 11:00 AM in response to LO14

Something else to try.

On your device, go to Settings iCloud Keychain and switch Keychain off then on again.

Tap "Approve with Security Code", tap "Forgot Code" and then tap "Reset".

Follow the instructions to reset iCloud keychain and create a new passcode.

You will then be prompted to update to your new number. Add a bogus number if you have to.

Learned from Zinacef

Apr 22, 2017 12:06 AM in response to LO14

Have you tried clicking on the Name, Phone Numbers, Email option on that same screen (before you click on your device), and then clicking on the ℹ next to the number? I just tried it, and it indicated that I could "De-register" the number (which, of course I don't want to try since I actually use it 🙂).

So, I would do that first, then go to Settings>Phone, and click on the number and then on the "x" to remove it from there.

Cheers,

GB

Delete phone number in Device Info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.