Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sign in problems

After updating the MacBook pro to 10.12.4 and restarting the computer it went through set up steps and said something along the lines of you can't use the same login for the Mac Book and icloud. The password for the laptop was changed. Then it said "setting up iCloud", it never finished setting up. Now theres a red notification on the settings tab and when it's clicked it opens up the iCloud preferences. At the top of the screen it says "Enter your password to continue using iCloud" and there's a button to click. When the password is entered it acts like it's signing in but then it continues to ask for confirmation. Below that theres a box that says "confirm Mac password" and button says "continue". When the Continue button is clicked it says "Confirm you Mac password to keep using iCloud. You recently changed the password you use to unlock this Mac. This password also protects access to data stored in iCloud" and has a continue button. Nothing happens when this button is clicked. So we tried signing out of iCloud but can't do that because it says that you have to turn off "Find my Mac", but it says "unable to turn off find my Mac".

I'm not sure what else to try. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 21, 2017 7:52 PM

1 reply

iCloud sign in problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.