Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get pictures off my Apple Watch?

My iPhone 6s took a dive and died a watery death. It was synced to my Apple Watch and all of the photos up to it's demise are on the phone. None of them made it to iCloud (drive full before back-up and upload). Is there a way that I can get my amazing pictures off my Apple Watch and save them still? They exist, however, I can't pair with a new phone without deleting everything. Anyone have any ideas? (BTW: iPhone that took the pics is totally toast from water damage and nothing works. Plus, save the, "You Should use iCloud" because it wasn't and now isn't an option for the dead host phone.)

Apple Watch Series 2, iOS 10.3.1, Water Damage

Posted on Apr 22, 2017 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2017 8:23 AM

Hi

I'm afraid that is not possible to retrieve the photos from your Apple Watch.

Photos can only be synced to Apple Watch from the paired iPhone. They cannot be synced in the other direction or otherwise exported from your Apple Watch.

Even if this had been possible, the photos that are stored on your Apple Watch have been automatically resized to smaller pixel dimensions, for display on the smaller screen.

The best that you could do is to take photos (using a replacement iPhone or other camera) of the photos on your Apple Watch.

When you are ready to do so, before being able to pair it to a replacement iPhone, you will first need to erase your Apple Watch manually:

• On your Apple Watch: when viewing the time, go to the Home screen (via a single press of the Digital Crown) > Settings (cog icon) > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
  • Then pair it by following the standard process:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2017 8:23 AM in response to BMF425

Hi

I'm afraid that is not possible to retrieve the photos from your Apple Watch.

Photos can only be synced to Apple Watch from the paired iPhone. They cannot be synced in the other direction or otherwise exported from your Apple Watch.

Even if this had been possible, the photos that are stored on your Apple Watch have been automatically resized to smaller pixel dimensions, for display on the smaller screen.

The best that you could do is to take photos (using a replacement iPhone or other camera) of the photos on your Apple Watch.

When you are ready to do so, before being able to pair it to a replacement iPhone, you will first need to erase your Apple Watch manually:

• On your Apple Watch: when viewing the time, go to the Home screen (via a single press of the Digital Crown) > Settings (cog icon) > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
  • Then pair it by following the standard process:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Can I get pictures off my Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.