Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove image burned into ipad

Posted on Apr 23, 2017 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2017 3:28 PM

My 2010 iPad and my iPad 3 experienced this screen "burn-in"/"ghosting" intermittenty after about 18-24 months of use.

To get rid of the image "burn-in" and have it not appear again, for awhile, you need to stop using the device.

You need to completely shut it down and not use it for a period of days ( at least 3 full days).

The burned-in image on my iPad 3 took five days before the LCD phosphors de-energized enough to the point of no longer retaining the burned in image.

It stopped doing this for a little over a year when it my iPad started leaving a burned-in/ "ghost image" again where I had to perform the same procedure, once again, and my iPad 3 was fine after that.

This screen burn-in/ghosting has not come back, yet, to date.

Completely shutdown the device and don't use it again for a full 4 days, then check it.

If you still have image burn in after 4 days of the device not being used and powered down, the image burn-in maybe permanent.

To make sure to minimise the potential of screen "ghosting"/"burn-in" in the future or on future mobile devices, keep your iDevice screen at a screen brightness of 50% or less.

Good Luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2017 3:28 PM in response to peus192

My 2010 iPad and my iPad 3 experienced this screen "burn-in"/"ghosting" intermittenty after about 18-24 months of use.

To get rid of the image "burn-in" and have it not appear again, for awhile, you need to stop using the device.

You need to completely shut it down and not use it for a period of days ( at least 3 full days).

The burned-in image on my iPad 3 took five days before the LCD phosphors de-energized enough to the point of no longer retaining the burned in image.

It stopped doing this for a little over a year when it my iPad started leaving a burned-in/ "ghost image" again where I had to perform the same procedure, once again, and my iPad 3 was fine after that.

This screen burn-in/ghosting has not come back, yet, to date.

Completely shutdown the device and don't use it again for a full 4 days, then check it.

If you still have image burn in after 4 days of the device not being used and powered down, the image burn-in maybe permanent.

To make sure to minimise the potential of screen "ghosting"/"burn-in" in the future or on future mobile devices, keep your iDevice screen at a screen brightness of 50% or less.

Good Luck!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.