Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with Google Hangouts and Cookies

I am currently trying to get Google Hangouts to work on an iPhone. The iPhone is using updated software (iOS 10.3.1). I have deleted and reinstalled the app onto the phone. I have set Safari to "enable cookies" always. However, each time I try to get Hangouts to start working, and I enter my email address, I consistently get the message "Your browser has cookies disabled. Make sure your cookies are enabled and try again." I have turned the phone on and off again, and tried repeating the start up for Google Hangouts. Each time, I get the same message. What am I missing? Please help.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.3.1, Google Hangouts

Posted on Apr 24, 2017 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2017 2:23 PM

KiltedTim was not much help to you or me.
What I did was open the Chrome app in my iPhone 6 Plus, clear all cookies. Then I signed into my Google account in Chrome. When I opened the Hangouts app I was able to select my account and go.
Done and done.
Hope this helps

2 replies

Trouble with Google Hangouts and Cookies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.