Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage are being sent as Text message

Hi everyone,

My iPhone is sending text instead of iMessage to few contacts.

My iOS is uptodate. I tried Resetting network settings, logged off from Apple ID in iMessages and log in.

My contacts to whom which i'm unable to send iMessages are using iPhone.

I used to send iMessages, once I force sent a message as Text message and i'm not sure whether from that day all messages are sent as Text messages.

I tried deleting the thread and started as new conversation but it doesn't help.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2017 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2017 2:42 PM

i am having this same problem with only one contact....we never had an issue before...and when it is sent as a text message he is not receiving them??????? and any messages that he sends me are showing as unread...I am not receiving them

4 replies

Apr 25, 2017 11:43 AM in response to 73lokesh

73lokesh wrote:

Hi everyone,

My iPhone is sending text instead of iMessage to few contacts.

My iOS is uptodate. I tried Resetting network settings, logged off from Apple ID in iMessages and log in.

My contacts to whom which i'm unable to send iMessages are using iPhone.

I used to send iMessages, once I force sent a message as Text message and i'm not sure whether from that day all messages are sent as Text messages.

I tried deleting the thread and started as new conversation but it doesn't help.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

if it is only for a few contacts then the issue is on their side, either they are in an area with a weak wifi/cellular data signal or they have imessage turned off.

iMessage are being sent as Text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.