Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tv shows won't download, only play

When I purchase a tv show on the itunes store on my mac the buy button has always changed to a download button. But recently that changed and it now only says play. And the only method to download requires manually going to the purchases list, which is time consuming. I can't stream and must download, how do I get around this?

MacBrook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.5)

Posted on Apr 25, 2017 8:27 PM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2017 8:33 PM in response to ABP

Thanks, but that's not the problem i have. I'm talking about the purchase page on itunes. I want to buy the show and then download it right that moment. I do not want to have to go to the cloud of purchases - i don't use the cloud and it takes a long time to access it with my connection. This used to be so simple and now it takes another 4 steps to go to the purchased list and then try to work our which episode is the newest. It seems as if the itunes interface now wants to let me "stream" only, and not download. And I'm hoping there is a way to disable this as I can not stream.

This is the button "play" that used to say "download".

User uploaded file

Apr 27, 2017 7:59 PM in response to Phil0124

But downloading from my library page does not help at all - when you click the cloud icon to download there is no option to select an episode and so it downloads the entire season all over again. I don't have room on my mac to keep every episode pf every show all season long to avoid this. I can't be the only person with this issue.... and don't understand why they would remove the ability to download an episode from the page where I just bought it. Seems completely counter-intuitive!

tv shows won't download, only play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.