Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't turn off the call forwarding from my phone following the software update

Since updating to the new software this week, I have not been able to turn off the call forwarding function on my iPhone 5se. This means I can no longer receive calls on this phone which renders it hopeless to me. The error message reads 'some call forwarding settings cannot be changed'.

Posted on Apr 26, 2017 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2017 5:26 PM

Hi, Klimlk!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. After reading your post, I understand that you have some concerns related to call forwarding. Specifically, you are unable to turn call forwarding off. I know how important it is to receive calls on your iPhone and would be happy to help!

Call forwarding is a handy feature, and how to enable and disable it will vary depending on your carrier's network type. The following information about call forwarding is provided in the Call forwarding, call waiting, and other call features on iPhone article:

Feature iPhone (GSM networks) iPhone (CDMA networks) Notes
Call forwarding Turn on or off in
Settings > Phone.
Contact your carrier for information on using Call Forwarding. To see if call forwarding is turned on, look for this icon User uploaded file in the status bar.

If you're not sure what network type your carrier uses, you can reach out to them directly to find out. They may also be able to assist you in turning the feature off if there is not an option to do so directly on your iPhone.

Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2017 5:26 PM in response to Klimlk

Hi, Klimlk!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. After reading your post, I understand that you have some concerns related to call forwarding. Specifically, you are unable to turn call forwarding off. I know how important it is to receive calls on your iPhone and would be happy to help!

Call forwarding is a handy feature, and how to enable and disable it will vary depending on your carrier's network type. The following information about call forwarding is provided in the Call forwarding, call waiting, and other call features on iPhone article:

Feature iPhone (GSM networks) iPhone (CDMA networks) Notes
Call forwarding Turn on or off in
Settings > Phone.
Contact your carrier for information on using Call Forwarding. To see if call forwarding is turned on, look for this icon User uploaded file in the status bar.

If you're not sure what network type your carrier uses, you can reach out to them directly to find out. They may also be able to assist you in turning the feature off if there is not an option to do so directly on your iPhone.

Cheers!

Jun 21, 2017 6:17 AM in response to CarlAVII

Hi there,

I have the same issue, which has been ongoing for weeks. Let me add some detail, so hopefully you can help:

In Settings/Phone/Call Forwarding, the slider appears to be off. Trying to toggle this give me the error message "Some call forwarding settings could not be changed". The User uploaded fileicon above is present.

I have tried the following with no success:

Entering a new forward number

Hard reset

Reset network settings

I am on EE, as per their advice I have tried:

Dialling ##004# and #002#

Texting "VM OFF" to 150

Apparently, following the Leveson inquiry, they are no longer able to change any settings on my phone and told me to contact Apple.

The iPhone softward is up to date: iOS 10.3.2

Any help in reaching a solution gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation,

Helen.

I can't turn off the call forwarding from my phone following the software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.