Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calender, iCal, private, mac os x, iCloud, can't share

Hello I can't share my private calendar from Calendar Version 8.0 (2034.9) on my work mac. Also tried to share the private calendar from iCloud but didn't work either. Does anyone have suggestions or ideas. Running mac os x 10.10.5 (14F27) on an iMac.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Apr 26, 2017 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2017 10:23 PM

Read the article : Calendar (El Capitan): Share iCloud calendars

User uploaded file

In system preferences , iCloud , check the box for calendars , contacts ... except back to my Mac , and in internet accounts , web account , I cloud account , check the boxes for all options .

In contacts application the person should be added with correct mail address .

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2017 10:23 PM in response to NuNuExcelsior

Read the article : Calendar (El Capitan): Share iCloud calendars

User uploaded file

In system preferences , iCloud , check the box for calendars , contacts ... except back to my Mac , and in internet accounts , web account , I cloud account , check the boxes for all options .

In contacts application the person should be added with correct mail address .

May 13, 2017 9:05 AM in response to NuNuExcelsior

Read both articles carefully and try to follow the steps : Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Apple Support

iCloud: Advanced Calendar and iCal troubleshooting - Apple Support

If it doesn't work either the calendar application is corrupted or in user library : macOS Sierra: Library folder some pending events , Temporary files are stored , also some times dragging EmailCache.plist to the desktop , restarting the machine could work .

Please take suggestion from apple support , as these are very important steps and should be performed consulting .

User uploaded file

Calender, iCal, private, mac os x, iCloud, can't share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.