Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get mail - the connection to the server failed

iPhone 6S+, iOS 10.3.1

I use the Outlook app as my email client (works great). I had removed the native Apple mail app, but recently I found a need for it and I want to use my icloud.com email address with it, which is different from my Apple ID, but my icloud.com email address is visible under my profile on icloud.com. I CAN see emails to my icloud.com email address under the "Mail" section on the website icloud.com.

However, I cannot receive or send emails from the native Apple email app, which is set up to use my icloud.com email address. It just keeps saying, "Cannot get mail - the connection to the server failed".

Help?

Posted on Apr 26, 2017 3:07 PM

4 replies

Sep 8, 2017 4:03 AM in response to zinacef

Interesting question to which we are also not finding an answer. both my wife and I have been unable to access email through the mail app on our iPads since last Sunday.

We are travelling through Canada and arrived in Montreal on Sunday on ViaRail. On the train was the last time the Mail worked. She Fetches gmail, I fetch iCloud.

Her current solution is to use a browser. Mine was to add the icloud account to an Outlook client app. Both solutions work.

so what has Montreal got to do with a problem hitting two devices at the same time?

Cannot get mail - the connection to the server failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.