Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Mark ups on photos.

Mark ups on photos whether it be labels in text or numbering is easy .But how to delete a mark up is impossible- at least until you tell me how, please.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Apr 26, 2017 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2017 12:02 AM

You can delete the markups only individually, while you are still in the markup photo editing extension. Then you can select any text or graphic you added and use the delete key ⌫ to remove them. But once you save the changes and leave the extension, and then add other adjustments, the markups will be burned in. To get rid of them, you can only use "Revert to original" and lose previous edits.

Before I add a markup annotation to a photo, I use "Image > Duplicate ⌘D" to create a new version. Then I add the markups to this duplicate. The duplicate does not need much additional storage, because the new version and the duplicate are sharing the same original image file.

When I now want to remove the markups, I can simply open the duplicate in edit mode and use "Revert to original", with out discarding the edits of the first version. Or delete the marked-up version and duplicate the first saved version again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2017 12:02 AM in response to chipsr

You can delete the markups only individually, while you are still in the markup photo editing extension. Then you can select any text or graphic you added and use the delete key ⌫ to remove them. But once you save the changes and leave the extension, and then add other adjustments, the markups will be burned in. To get rid of them, you can only use "Revert to original" and lose previous edits.

Before I add a markup annotation to a photo, I use "Image > Duplicate ⌘D" to create a new version. Then I add the markups to this duplicate. The duplicate does not need much additional storage, because the new version and the duplicate are sharing the same original image file.

When I now want to remove the markups, I can simply open the duplicate in edit mode and use "Revert to original", with out discarding the edits of the first version. Or delete the marked-up version and duplicate the first saved version again.

Deleting Mark ups on photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.