Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sign in to Apple Music

I'm already an apple music member with a paid subscription and it keeps asking me to join. When I do select to join nothing happens, the join option does not work. I've tried turning the phone off and on again to no avail. As last resort I signed out to sign in again by when I click the sign in button, nothing happens. I have a Galaxy S6

Posted on Apr 27, 2017 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2017 6:36 PM

Hi Sashawifey,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble signing in to Apple Music on your Android. I know it's important to be able to access your Apple Music on all devices and I'm happy to provide some information. You've tried some great troubleshooting so far and I'd recommend following these steps next:

Restart the app

Most issues resolve if you quit Apple Music and then reopen it.

To make sure that the app is completely closed and all background processes are stopped before you reopen it, follow these steps:

1. From the Home screen, tap Apps.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Scroll to Apps, then tap it.
  4. Tap Apple Music.
  5. Tap Force Stop. If you see a message that says "If you force stop an app, it may misbehave," tap OK.
  6. Return to the Home screen or your application list, and reopen Apple Music.

If the issues persist, clear the app cache.

User uploaded file

Clear the app cache

2. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Apple Music.
  5. Tap Storage, then tap Clear Cache.

If the issues persist, restart your phone.

After each of these steps, attempt to sign in to Apple Music using this method:

To sign back in:

1. Tap the menu icon User uploaded file in the upper-left corner.
  2. Tap Sign In.

When you sign out and then sign back in, you must re-download all of the music that you want to listen to offline.

If the issues persist, contact Apple Support.

Get help with Apple Music on Android

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2017 6:36 PM in response to Sashawifey

Hi Sashawifey,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble signing in to Apple Music on your Android. I know it's important to be able to access your Apple Music on all devices and I'm happy to provide some information. You've tried some great troubleshooting so far and I'd recommend following these steps next:

Restart the app

Most issues resolve if you quit Apple Music and then reopen it.

To make sure that the app is completely closed and all background processes are stopped before you reopen it, follow these steps:

2. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Apple Music.
  5. Tap Force Stop. If you see a message that says "If you force stop an app, it may misbehave," tap OK.

If the issues persist, clear the app cache.

User uploaded file

Clear the app cache

2. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Apple Music.
  5. Tap Storage, then tap Clear Cache.

If the issues persist, restart your phone.

After each of these steps, attempt to sign in to Apple Music using this method:

To sign back in:

1. Tap the menu icon User uploaded file in the upper-left corner.
  2. Tap Sign In.

When you sign out and then sign back in, you must re-download all of the music that you want to listen to offline.

If the issues persist, contact Apple Support.

Get help with Apple Music on Android

Best Regards.

I can't sign in to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.