Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar events duplicated

Bought a new iPhone yesterday and have spent many hours finally getting it setup the way I want it. One problem, it asked me if I wanted to merge calendars with iCloud to which I responded yes. Now I have duplicate events for all past and future entries... but only on the iPhone. When I look at my calendar in iCloud or on my iMac there are only single entries. And, if I attempt to delete one of the duplicates on the iPhone, BOTH entries are deleted. If I look at my calendar list there are no duplicate calendars. If I uncheck all of the calendars all events are removed, but if I recheck them all duplicates reappear.

Any ideas? I'm probably missing something simple, but it's annoying.

Dave

Posted on Apr 27, 2017 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2017 11:08 AM

Hello Dave,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are having issues with duplicate events in the Calendar app on your new iPhone, but you don't see these duplicates in iCloud.com or on your Mac. First, use these steps to help resolve your issue:

Refresh the calendars on your iOS device or computer

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later, open the Calendar app, then tap the Calendars tab to see your list of calendars. Swipe down on the list to refresh.

Get help with duplicate iCloud calendars

If that doesn't help to resolve your issue with duplicate events on your iPhone, then follow these further steps for issues with iCloud calendars on your iPhone:

Restart the Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders app

1. Double-click the Home button to see your open apps.
  2. Find the app, the swipe up to close it.
  3. Press the Home button to return to your Home screen.
  4. Wait a minute, then open the app again.

Turn off iCloud Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders and turn it back on

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud. (If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud.)
  2. Slide to turn off Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders.
  3. If you see your calendars or reminders on iCloud.com or any of your devices, you can choose Delete from My [device]. If not, choose Keep on My [device].
  4. Wait a few minutes, then turn on Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders again.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then drag the slider to power off. Turn your device back on.

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2017 11:08 AM in response to dhudgens

Hello Dave,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are having issues with duplicate events in the Calendar app on your new iPhone, but you don't see these duplicates in iCloud.com or on your Mac. First, use these steps to help resolve your issue:

Refresh the calendars on your iOS device or computer

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later, open the Calendar app, then tap the Calendars tab to see your list of calendars. Swipe down on the list to refresh.

Get help with duplicate iCloud calendars

If that doesn't help to resolve your issue with duplicate events on your iPhone, then follow these further steps for issues with iCloud calendars on your iPhone:

Restart the Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders app

1. Double-click the Home button to see your open apps.
  2. Find the app, the swipe up to close it.
  3. Press the Home button to return to your Home screen.
  4. Wait a minute, then open the app again.

Turn off iCloud Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders and turn it back on

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud. (If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud.)
  2. Slide to turn off Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders.
  3. If you see your calendars or reminders on iCloud.com or any of your devices, you can choose Delete from My [device]. If not, choose Keep on My [device].
  4. Wait a few minutes, then turn on Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders again.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then drag the slider to power off. Turn your device back on.

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

Cheers!

calendar events duplicated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.