Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay doesn't mirroring after sierra update

After Sierra Update, Airplay doesn't mirroring. Appears the airplay icons but without mirroring options.

Hardware:

Imac 27" 2015 with sierra updated

Apple TV 3 updated

Configuration:

Firewall Disabled

Functions:

Video from Iphone 7 to Apple TV: OK

Mirroring from Iphone 7 to Apple TV: OK

Sounds from Imac to Apple TV: OK

Video from Imac - Itunes to Apple TV: OK

Video from Imac - Qtime to Apple TV: OK

Mirroring from Imac to Apple TV: NOT OK

Any Idea?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Sierra (10.12.4), Apple TV 3

Posted on Apr 27, 2017 6:02 PM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2017 12:06 PM in response to Emekui

Greetings Emekui!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues mirroring your iMac to your Apple TV. Check out this article to Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac .

Another option you can try is in this article: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac . This will allow you to check to see if the issue is user specific or system wide.

Let us know the results and have a great day!

May 2, 2017 9:46 AM in response to sterling r

Hi!

The problem is Thirdparty software.

I had Duet (https://www.duetdisplay.com/) and they announced airplay problems from apple (https://help.duetdisplay.com/faq/124754-duet-is-installed-and-airplay-isn-t-work ing-with-my-apple-tv?from_search=1577586…).

They say

"

Some customers are reporting issues with AirPlay when Duet is installed and they mirror or extend their desktop to an Apple TV.

We have consulted with lead engineers on Apple's Airplay team and they are aware of the issue with 3rd party display applications but a fix does not seem likely in the foreseeable future.

".

Temporary solution: uninstall duet 😢 I liked duet...

airplay doesn't mirroring after sierra update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.