Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A pop-up appeared while on safari with a toll free number. It said, "Warning! Apple Security Breach! IOS Security Crash!" Then it tells me to contact this toll free number 1-844-749-1071 for assistance immediately. Is this a scam?

Safari wasn't acting properly after this pop-up with a toll free number came up saying something about a security breach and how I should call the toll free number immediately. I haven't had this happen to me before, so I wanted some insight on if this is a possible scam and what can I do to make safari accessible again?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2017 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2017 6:29 AM

Double click the Home button and swipe Safari upwards. Go to Settings/Safari and clear History and Website Data. Open Safari and test.

Safari - Clear the history and cookies on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Safari website data on your iPhone or iPad - How to clear

Safari - Stop pop-up ads in

20 replies

Sep 20, 2017 12:46 AM in response to MattWithTheTuxedoCat

I just had a flashing warning sign that said security breach call 866-339-7833. I called the number and it sounded like a busy call center in the background. A man with a thick accent took my call. I asked what is the name of the company he works for. He told me he was in technical support for Apple. I asked him "how do I know that this is really apple. The man got very combative and asked me "how do I know who you are and just went off on me. I tried to cancel the call but the warning sign kept flashing and wouldn't let me end the call, so I turned off my iphone. I then immediately contacted apple. If the guy was really from Apple, I think he would have known who I am by asking me security questions. It has to be a scam. I'm hoping that by calling the number provided, I haven't set myself up for a virus. Any input on this thought?

A pop-up appeared while on safari with a toll free number. It said, "Warning! Apple Security Breach! IOS Security Crash!" Then it tells me to contact this toll free number 1-844-749-1071 for assistance immediately. Is this a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.