Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTouch 4th Gen - Unable to Login Apple ID

Hi folks!

I am having difficulty logging into my Apple ID after I have reset my 4th Gen iTouch. Despite keying in the right ID and PW, my iTouch always prompt that it is a wrong ID/password used. My login details are certainly correct because I received the 2FA 6 digit code on my iPhone 6 to authorise login from the iTouch. My husband has tried logging into his Apple account too but faced the same problem as well.

I've also tried to update my iTouch software and it is at its latest, version 6.1.6.

Need some kind advice as I can't download anything from my App Store since I can't log in. 😟

Thanks in advance!

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Apr 29, 2017 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2017 4:27 PM

Good afternoon cindyng60,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

Two-Factor Authentication requires iOS 9 or later. That is most likely why you are having issues trying to use it on your iPod touch (4th generation). Try turning two-factor authentication off and see if you can access your device. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID​
What are the system requirements for two-factor authentication?

For the best experience, you should make sure you meet the system requirements below on all the devices you use with your Apple ID:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
  • Mac with OS X El Capitan or later and iTunes 12.3 or later
  • Apple Watch with watchOS 2 or later
  • Windows PC with iCloud for Windows v5 and iTunes 12.3.3 or later

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

You can't turn off two-factor authentication for some accounts created in iOS 10.3 or macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and later. If you created your Apple ID in an earlier version of iOS or macOS, you can turn off two-factor authentication.

Keep in mind that when you turn off two-factor authentication, your account is protected only with your password and security questions.

To turn off two-factor authentication, sign in to your Apple ID account page and click Edit in the Security section. Then click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication. After you create new security questions and verify your date of birth, two-factor authentication will be turned off. If you don't see the option to turn off two-factor authentication on your Apple ID account page, that means you can't turn it off.

Take care.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2017 4:27 PM in response to cindyng60

Good afternoon cindyng60,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

Two-Factor Authentication requires iOS 9 or later. That is most likely why you are having issues trying to use it on your iPod touch (4th generation). Try turning two-factor authentication off and see if you can access your device. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID​
What are the system requirements for two-factor authentication?

For the best experience, you should make sure you meet the system requirements below on all the devices you use with your Apple ID:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
  • Mac with OS X El Capitan or later and iTunes 12.3 or later
  • Apple Watch with watchOS 2 or later
  • Windows PC with iCloud for Windows v5 and iTunes 12.3.3 or later

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

You can't turn off two-factor authentication for some accounts created in iOS 10.3 or macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and later. If you created your Apple ID in an earlier version of iOS or macOS, you can turn off two-factor authentication.

Keep in mind that when you turn off two-factor authentication, your account is protected only with your password and security questions.

To turn off two-factor authentication, sign in to your Apple ID account page and click Edit in the Security section. Then click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication. After you create new security questions and verify your date of birth, two-factor authentication will be turned off. If you don't see the option to turn off two-factor authentication on your Apple ID account page, that means you can't turn it off.

Take care.

iTouch 4th Gen - Unable to Login Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.