Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plantronics explorer 50 BT headset keeps..

Plantronics explorer 50 BT headset keeps disconnecting and then immediately reconnecting on iphone SE.

I never had this problem with plantronics M50 and previous IOS and iphone 5s

Plantronics do not offer any update to the headset and said this:

Dear Jason,

Thank you for contacting Plantronics Customer Care.

Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately this is a known issue with the latest IOS firmware of Apple. We have not made any changes on our headsets, and in fact, the model that you use, does not have any update-able firmware. Please try to connect the headset to an Android phone to ensure that there are no issues with the headset itself. Should that be the case though, then we can replace it, if still within warranty.

Please also report the issue directly to Apple.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

The case number for your reference is ***********

Kind Regards

Jonas

Technical Support

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone SE, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2017 2:36 AM

10 replies

May 1, 2017 8:19 AM in response to Loonyy

Hey there, Loonyy.
After reviewing your post, it appears that your Bluetooth headset doesn't stay paired with your iPhone SE. Great job in contacting Plantronics for help. I'm happy to help with this.

If you can‘t connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though your headset and iPhone pair, follow the steps provided in this support article.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

May 3, 2017 8:47 AM in response to Loonyy

Thanks for replying, Loonyy, and for trying those steps, it really helps! Since you're still having a problem with this issue, your next step is to contact Apple for further help resolving the issue.

Apple - Support - Product Selection -- Apple Support will be able to supply all of your service options. They can also perform a diagnostic of your iPhone to be sure everything is working correctly.

Find Locations -- You can also locate the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider if you'd rather. Make sure the country you're located in is showing on the top-right corner. If it isn't, click it and choose the correct one. If you choose this option, be sure to take both your iPhone and the Explorer 50 for evaluation.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Before you take or send your iPhone in, please be certain you have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities and enjoy your day!

May 3, 2017 8:03 AM in response to raina_b22

Ok i tried everything in the link and no change.

Today I went to 2 shopping malls and i could hear disconnecting then reconnecting by the plantronics voice. this happened at least 10 times today. This is when it seeems to happen most when there are other possible bluetooth signals around.

is there any diagnostic data i can pull from my phone to help try and solve this?

May 7, 2017 2:39 AM in response to Loonyy

Tried the other headset an M50 plantronics in the mall yesterday and it was doing the same thing as the explorer 50.

so i went to local apple store and the guru took a look and decided that the phone should be replaced.

so hopefully it was a fault with my old SE bluetooth chip and now i hope the problem is solved but i still have to try it out to make sure.

May 8, 2017 10:51 AM in response to Loonyy

Ok no change here again, sat in mercedes dealership and bluetooth headset disconnected then reconnected 6 times in a row. It has been doing this randomly all day on the new phone. went to see guru at bluewater and he suggested backing up from icloud and then restoring just the basic data i need to see if it is a software issue.

I now have my M50 plantronics paired with my dads iphone 5 to see if he gets the same problem. he is running 10.3.1 as well. I have my E50 paired with new phone and am about to do a hard reset.

May 21, 2017 1:06 AM in response to Loonyy

I bought a samsung E0 MG900 and so far i dont have disconnects so this is definitely a plantronics/apple problem.

I have the latest software 10.3.2 and so far the planronics has disconnected 3 times.

Can anyone confirm this is getting through to apple support because it is highly annoying and I want it sorted out.

May 22, 2017 9:18 AM in response to Loonyy

Visted the local apple store Again and they said it must be a plantronics problem. they also said try apple care on the phone because they are limited to what they can offer, so i did that too.

apple care said contact plantronics again and see what they say. this time plantronics CS on the phone agreed it must be an explorer 50 problem and have agreed to change it under the 2 year warranty, its only 3 months old.

It will be interesting to see if this solves the problem because i am just about fed up with not getting a great deal of help, in terms of diagnosing this problem, and virtually nothing here....what is the point of this community forum?

Jun 19, 2017 9:37 AM in response to Loonyy

the new plantronics headset does the same thing, and i now have a jabra talk that every now and then gives me 4 bleeps. so i contacted Jabra:

Dear Mr, P

Thank you for contacting Jabra support.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your Jabra Talk.

I will kindly ask you to reset your device in order to get rid of the beeps you hear.

The first thing I’d suggest you do is to turn your cell phone off and, if possible, remove its battery for 10 to 15 seconds. Then replace the battery and turn the phone back on. If taking the battery off the phone is not possible, simply delete everything on the Bluetooth pairing memory. Also, we will need to reset the Jabra headset to the factory settings.

Turn the headset ON. Then press and hold the volume down and answer/end buttons at the same time for approx. 5 seconds until the battery icon and Bluetooth® icon flash 5 times simultaneously - then the pairing list is reset.

Turn the headset OFF. The next time you power on, the headset will go into pairing mode as the first time you powered your new Jabra headset on.

Once in pairing mode, your cell phone should be able to add the Jabra headset as a new device from within its Bluetooth menu.

Your case 1451904 will stay open for 6 business days. If you require further assistance, please contact us.

Kind regards,

Levi

done this and within 15 minutes it made thew 4 bleeps again. for some unknown reason No one can tell me what the 4 beeps mean so i can only assume it is loss of connection.

This is ****. 2 different devices that dont seem to work very well with Apple IOS 10.3.2....so now what???????

Plantronics explorer 50 BT headset keeps..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.