Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login when Screen sharing

When connecting to my Macs using screen sharing I am of course supplying my username and password to make the connection. But since my Mac is set up to require a password when waking from sleep or from the screensaver, I have to type in my password again manually after the connection has been established. Is there any way to set up the Mac screen sharing so this is not necessary? I guess these things are independent of each other, but it feels like there should be a mechanism to make this possible. Why log in twice?

When I am at home, there is another reason why I wish this would work. I have set up my Mac to unlock using my Apple Watch. Unfortunately this only works when I'm right next to the Mac, not using screen sharing from another room a few metres away. I wish there was a way to set it up so it would work within Bluetooth range. But I guess there is not?

I have used an application called TokenLock to unlock my Macs when my iPhone was present, but it's been very unreliable. I wanted to replace it with the Apple Watch auto unlock, but it doesn't do everything I want.

Posted on Apr 30, 2017 11:44 AM

There are no replies.

Login when Screen sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.