You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe CS6 fresh install on Yosemite (MacBook Air)

I hope someone can help me out.

I already have the entire suite (CS6) installed on my iMac and has been working great for many years and it is still currently being run in Sierra also.

Now, I want to install it on my MacBook Air in Yosemite (v10.10.5). But it won't install when I tried to use the Adobe install discs (which I own). And also I attempted to do an AirDrop between the two computers of the Photoshop and Illustrator folders but that didn't work either.

This is the message I received when after I inserted the install disc and tried to install the package:

User uploaded file

And when I tried to open Photoshop the other way after I AirDropped it and moved it to the applications folder on the MacBook, this is the error it gave me: "Configuration error. Please uninstall and reinstall the product." I trashed the folder that I AirDropped.

I tried it again with the disc, and the first error above came up again.

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.4), null

Posted on Apr 30, 2017 2:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2017 2:10 PM

When did you purchase the disk? Judging from the screen shot, the current versions you have received updates to make them compatible with OS changes. Since the disk hasn't been updated, it is no longer compatible with the newer OS versions you are using.

You can try contacting Adobe to see if they can provide a link for you to download the required version.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2017 2:10 PM in response to kkkttt

When did you purchase the disk? Judging from the screen shot, the current versions you have received updates to make them compatible with OS changes. Since the disk hasn't been updated, it is no longer compatible with the newer OS versions you are using.

You can try contacting Adobe to see if they can provide a link for you to download the required version.

Adobe CS6 fresh install on Yosemite (MacBook Air)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.