Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many Bluetooth connections can I simultaneously have on my 2015 MacBook Air?

Hi. I'm planning on creating my future desk setup and I had three items in mind that pair wirelessly. One mouse and two speakers.

Here are the Amazon product links:

Mouse: http://amzn.to/2oWed1z

Speakers (I want 2 of them): http://amzn.to/2pl5l8R

Now here's where my question comes in. How many Bluetooth connections can I simultaneously have on my 2015 MacBook Air? I want to pair two Bluetooth speakers, one mouse, and maybe a pair of Beats Studio Wireless.

Thanks!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Posted on Apr 30, 2017 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2017 6:51 PM

Hi,

Connect multiple Bluetooth devices to one computer

The official Bluetooth specifications say seven is the maximum number of Bluetooth devices that can be connected to your Mac at once.

However, three to four devices is a practical limit, depending on the types of devices used. Some devices require more Bluetooth data, so they're more demanding than other devices. Data-intensive devices might reduce the total number of devices that can be active at the same time.

If a Bluetooth device doesn't appear in Bluetooth preferences, or if it becomes slow to connect or doesn't perform reliably, try turning off devices you aren't using or unpair them from your Mac.

Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2017 6:51 PM in response to Zedneser

Hi,

Connect multiple Bluetooth devices to one computer

The official Bluetooth specifications say seven is the maximum number of Bluetooth devices that can be connected to your Mac at once.

However, three to four devices is a practical limit, depending on the types of devices used. Some devices require more Bluetooth data, so they're more demanding than other devices. Data-intensive devices might reduce the total number of devices that can be active at the same time.

If a Bluetooth device doesn't appear in Bluetooth preferences, or if it becomes slow to connect or doesn't perform reliably, try turning off devices you aren't using or unpair them from your Mac.

Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac - Apple Support

How many Bluetooth connections can I simultaneously have on my 2015 MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.