Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to 3.2os causes major echo issues with callers. Anyone esle experencing this too?

I purchased my first apple watch series 2 42mm a couple of weeks ago. I decided to update to the latest os software 3.2. Everything worked fine except I had major issues when taking calls. Callers on the other end hear a major echo and delay throughout the entire phone call. It only happens when speaking with someone on their cell. Calling landlines the issue is nonexistent. It is a major let down that this occured after updating to 3.2. I had to swap out the watch for a new one as I was still under the stores 14 day return policy. The software I am using is 3.1.3. No issues and I hate to update for the same issue to occur.

Ive called apple support and they only advised me to return it as it might be the watch. I would love to hear if anyone is experiencing the same issue. Thanks

Posted on Apr 30, 2017 6:31 PM

7 replies

May 3, 2017 8:23 PM in response to Acer2384

I have posted about this also. I am on my third Watch. I had an apple care guy call me and I made some test calls and shared the diagnostics with apple. I saw on a macrumors site that they put a 4th 3.2.2 beta update out on 4/24. Apparently only available to developers now and no concrete info about whether it addresses the echo issue. They are aware of the problem...how quickly a fix comes for this particular issue is anybody's guess.

May 3, 2017 8:29 PM in response to Vegasmichele

I appreciate the reply! I am almost 90% certain that if I update my Watch that I will have the same issue occur. I'm really surprised I am not able to find others complaining about this issue. Hard to believe it's a bad batch of watches? Definitely feel it is caused by the update.

Is your current Watch updated to the 3.2 or did you leave the old os?

May 3, 2017 8:44 PM in response to Acer2384

The first Watch was not updated to 3.2 and did not have an echo issue (had a crashing/texting issue). Returned that, the second Watch had 3.2 update done in the store when we set it up. When I then reported the echo issue their response was to go get another Watch. The third Watch came with 3.2 on it out of the box and had the echo issue. I have been working with them ever since.

I am hopeful that they will have a fix for this soon. It is too bad that you can't restore an older update, I am stuck with the 3.2 until they come out with a new one. I am going to check in with the apple care guy and see if the information they took from my Watch was helpful. Unfortunately he has been reluctant to give me any kind of time frame for the next update.

May 4, 2017 5:47 AM in response to Vegasmichele

Luckily I am still loaded with the older OS version 3.1.3.. I am on my second watch and plan to not update until the new OS becomes available. I assume once the new OS update is made available you will be updating to see if the issue goes away? If so, I would like to keep in touch with you to find out if it did help or not.

I too went through the whole troubleshooting with apple care and it only resorted to me replacing the first watch. Granted it was an easier process for me because I purchased the watch not through apple. So I did not have to send it through the mail to get a new one.

I wont be updating anytime soon unless I hear from others that an update fixed the issue. Please keep in touch so that when the next update comes you can update me. Thanks!

Jul 14, 2017 8:30 AM in response to Acer2384

It is absolutely the 3.2 update. I purchased a watch and immediately updated it. I didn't even use it on 3.1. Horrible call quality. I exchanged that and held of on upgrading for several months because I was concerned it could be the update. Last night I updated because of an issue with fantastical. The echo is back. Great. Just great.

Updating to 3.2os causes major echo issues with callers. Anyone esle experencing this too?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.