Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bought new iphone but still recieving calls and texts on the old phone

I bought a new iPhone but my old iPhone is receiving all my calls and text messages. How do I fix it?

Posted on Apr 30, 2017 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2017 12:29 AM

This usually happens with the iCloud account that is signed on both phones. That means, if iMessage and FaceTime is activated on both iPhones with same iCloud account, both of them will receive the call or text messages.

These are the ways that you can stop any one of the iPhone to stop receiving the calls or messages.

1. Log out of that iCloud account on any one of the iPhones.
  2. Just change the way you receive the calls or text messages. To do this,

go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Under 'You can be reached by iMessage at' un-check the email address on any one of the iPhones and leave the mobile number checked (if there is a SIM).

- Follow the same steps for FaceTime. That's it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2017 12:29 AM in response to Jsg51416

This usually happens with the iCloud account that is signed on both phones. That means, if iMessage and FaceTime is activated on both iPhones with same iCloud account, both of them will receive the call or text messages.

These are the ways that you can stop any one of the iPhone to stop receiving the calls or messages.

1. Log out of that iCloud account on any one of the iPhones.
  2. Just change the way you receive the calls or text messages. To do this,

go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Under 'You can be reached by iMessage at' un-check the email address on any one of the iPhones and leave the mobile number checked (if there is a SIM).

- Follow the same steps for FaceTime. That's it.

bought new iphone but still recieving calls and texts on the old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.