Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into my Apple Music account

I can't log into my Apple Music account on my MacBook Pro. My MacBook Pro is on the latest sierra version and my iTunes is on the latest update. I originally logged out because it was being glitchy and I couldn't add any music but now it's not letting me log back in and comes up with the error "iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again"

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 10.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2017 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2017 11:50 PM

"Glad" to hear I'm not the only one. So this seems to be a problem "introduced by Apple" and not really in my network settings.

Since not everybody has this problem I assume that the Apple ID Server has a very distinct problem. Could be reacting on log in attempts coming from a MacBook Pro (Retina Display Mid 2012) via Wifi over an Airport Extreme for example...

I manage to log in after several tries (1 successful login out of 5 tries) but after being logged in none of the iCloud Music services work properly. See my case description here: iTunes account login doesn't work - I've tried it all...

I wonder if it is the same in your case... as soon as I connect my Macbook to the internet via my iPhones personal hotspot (instead of Wifi via Airport Extreme) -> the log in immediately works and the iCloud Music service is fully functional. So trying via another internet access point might help. Surfing over the iPhone hotspot at home is no long-term solution of course...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2017 11:50 PM in response to CBrip31

"Glad" to hear I'm not the only one. So this seems to be a problem "introduced by Apple" and not really in my network settings.

Since not everybody has this problem I assume that the Apple ID Server has a very distinct problem. Could be reacting on log in attempts coming from a MacBook Pro (Retina Display Mid 2012) via Wifi over an Airport Extreme for example...

I manage to log in after several tries (1 successful login out of 5 tries) but after being logged in none of the iCloud Music services work properly. See my case description here: iTunes account login doesn't work - I've tried it all...

I wonder if it is the same in your case... as soon as I connect my Macbook to the internet via my iPhones personal hotspot (instead of Wifi via Airport Extreme) -> the log in immediately works and the iCloud Music service is fully functional. So trying via another internet access point might help. Surfing over the iPhone hotspot at home is no long-term solution of course...

Can't log into my Apple Music account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.