Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi connection gets disconnected when android restoration begins

When moving from android to ios via migration s/w from apple the wifi gets turned off when pressing restore from android , and both device appears to show "preparing to move" for a long time, is this normal ?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2017 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2017 5:18 PM

Hello Hugos7,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, while attempting to move your data from Android to iPhone, the Wi-Fi is turning off. I will be happy to help you with this.

Check out the steps below from the article: Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need help with the transfer

If you have issues moving your content, there are a couple of things that you can check:

• Make sure that you leave both devices alone until the transfer finishes. For example, on your Android device, the Move to iOS app should stay onscreen the whole time. If you use another app or get a phone call on your Android before the transfer finishes, your content won't transfer.
  • On your Android device, turn off apps or settings that might affect your Wi-Fi connection. For example, turn off features like the Sprint Connections Optimizer or the Smart Network Switch. Then try again.
  • Restart both of your devices and try again.
  • On your Android device, turn off your cellular data connection. Then try the transfer again.

Cheers.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2017 5:18 PM in response to Hugos7

Hello Hugos7,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, while attempting to move your data from Android to iPhone, the Wi-Fi is turning off. I will be happy to help you with this.

Check out the steps below from the article: Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need help with the transfer

If you have issues moving your content, there are a couple of things that you can check:

• Make sure that you leave both devices alone until the transfer finishes. For example, on your Android device, the Move to iOS app should stay onscreen the whole time. If you use another app or get a phone call on your Android before the transfer finishes, your content won't transfer.
  • On your Android device, turn off apps or settings that might affect your Wi-Fi connection. For example, turn off features like the Sprint Connections Optimizer or the Smart Network Switch. Then try again.
  • Restart both of your devices and try again.
  • On your Android device, turn off your cellular data connection. Then try the transfer again.

Cheers.

Wifi connection gets disconnected when android restoration begins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.