Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upload photos from Fuji FinePix E550 to iMac G5?

How do I upload photos from Fuji FinePix E550 to iMac G5 runiing os10.12?

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on May 2, 2017 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2017 7:25 PM

Thanks! I needed to know in what order to do things, it's been years since I've used this camera. Thanks for telling me how simple it is, and for reminding me not to turn on the camera until the USB is connected. Now I'll be able to take more photos that I'll be able to print and/or share.

5 replies

May 2, 2017 7:18 AM in response to susanmodelski

You cannot have a G5 running 10.12.x, G5's have not been made for 10+ years and were never able to run 10.12.x, they likely never went beyond 10.6.x. Please click the Apple symbol in the upper left of the display and then click About this Mac. It will tell you the year and model of the Mac. It will also tell you version of Mac OS installed.

Connect the camera with a USB cable and then use Image Capture (already preinstalled) to upload the pictures.

Image Capture: Transfer images and other items from your device

May 2, 2017 7:20 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Are you thinking of the iMac G3? I got one in 2002, it never went beyond 10.3.9, and it's true they haven't been made in over a decade. What I use now is a G5, made in 2013, with a 21.5" screen, and it does run OS 10.12.4. With my old G3, I had to use a disc of Fuji instructions to teach it how to upload pictures from my camera. Thanks in part to you, I now know that I don't have to do that with this newer iMac. You gave me the confidence to just use the USB cable, and it worked perfectly. Thank you!

How do I upload photos from Fuji FinePix E550 to iMac G5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.