Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how i change my nat type

Im playing online on ps4 with my iphone's hotspot but give me a nat type3

Posted on May 2, 2017 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2017 8:37 AM

I don't think you can change this on the device. If you are using your iPhone without wi-fi the NAT and the ports required to do this might be dictated by your ISP. You will also very likely be lagging in any on line game and unless you want to ruin a match for everyone you should probably consider a better option. Your not browsing the web on the PS4, don't commit everyone to wait for your dial up speed to sync because you lack the bandwidth to make it enjoyable for everyone.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2017 8:37 AM in response to Arshiya7

I don't think you can change this on the device. If you are using your iPhone without wi-fi the NAT and the ports required to do this might be dictated by your ISP. You will also very likely be lagging in any on line game and unless you want to ruin a match for everyone you should probably consider a better option. Your not browsing the web on the PS4, don't commit everyone to wait for your dial up speed to sync because you lack the bandwidth to make it enjoyable for everyone.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

May 2, 2017 8:33 AM in response to Arshiya7

If your goal is to change the NAT type to type 1, you will not be able to do so with the iPhone providing a hotspot for Internet access. That is because, the iOS Personal Hotspot feature uses your cellular data plan for Internet connectivity.

You will need a dedicated wireless router, connected to an Internet modem or gateway, that can support the UPnP protocol.

how i change my nat type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.