Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are Apple's tax estimates accurate?

Hi,

I just wanted to know if, in your experience, the Estimated Tax shown on Apple's Online Store has accurately reflected the actual taxes at billing? I'm buying an Education Pricing - Macbook Pro delivered to NJ and the Estimated Taxes are coming to around 7.8%. Are these estimates generally accurate?

(had to tag it as a MacBook Pro -community problem as there's no community for apple store, etc)

Thanks...

Posted on May 2, 2017 9:17 AM

2 replies

May 2, 2017 9:38 AM in response to k.erry

Interesting question. FWIW, I currently live in a state that does not require sales tax. However, I have purchased Apple products that were shipped to states that do and the tax rates applied appeared to match that particular state's tax rate requirement. However, how often Apple "checks" (as you can imagine, states do periodically change their tax rate) I certainly can't answer that.

Are Apple's tax estimates accurate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.