Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iOS 10.3.1 update make iPhone 5C laggy ?

Will the new update iOS 10.3.1 will make my iPhone 5C (32GB) slow ? Because it's running on iOS 10.2.1 right now and sometimes it get stuck laggy. Please tell me, would it be fine to update ?

Thank you

User uploaded file

Posted on May 3, 2017 5:19 AM

6 replies

May 3, 2017 6:31 AM in response to Jolieteddie

I would update to iOS 10.3.1 no matter what.

iOS 10.3 is a full blown MAJOR upgrade with a full blow major upgrade in security, also.

iOS 10.3 is Apple's first step toward an all 64 bit coded OS and 64 bit coded apps across all recent iDevices!

Apple has introduced its new AFS (Apple File System/Structure) to replace the aging HFS+ file system.

This, ALONE, is a major deal and it will return some free storage space back to your phone (between 3-6 Gbs of data, or so)!

A lot of older apps are moving past iOS 9 and brand new apps are iOS 10 and later only!

Also, by the time iOS 11 comes, sometime in the late fall, support for older 32 bit coded apps will be coming to end and any IDevices still left an iOS 9.3.5 or earlier may no longer be able to update any of their current installed apps on their iDevices, any longer.

The last 32 bit compatible versions on these iDevices will still work and function, but these iDevices may no longer be receiving any more app updates to anything they have currenlty installed by that time.

So, it would be best to upgrade your iPhone 5C, now than later to take advantage of newer app updates!

Good Luck!

May 3, 2017 6:43 AM in response to 1Rafey

I posted a reply to you a minute after you posted and no response back!

Your iPhone maybe laggy because of a variety of reasons

If your phone has less than 2-3 Gbs of free storage space, you need to backup your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes on a computer, then delete any apps you no longer use or use infrequently, thin out/delete and music/videos/images/documenents/PDFs/digital books, etc., to gain 3GBs+ of free data storage space.

Maybe you have waaaay toooo many apps running in the background in the iOS App Switcher.

The more apps running in the iOS App Switcher the slower your iDevice will run!

In Settings app, try turning off Background App refresh.

Since you have already upgraded/updated your iPhone to iOS 10.2.1.

See my other post reply above!

It is, also, better, if you can, to do an iOS update with your iPhone connected to a computer using the latest version of iTunes to do the upgrade/update!

Will iOS 10.3.1 update make iPhone 5C laggy ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.