Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assigning Time Capsule as Windows drive

I had my Time Capsule set up as a Z: drive via wifi in Windows 10 to store backups and could see it in the Windows version of the Airport Utility as well. I also use it as my wifi network router and a time machine on my Mac. I had to restore my Windows computer to a previous day before the Airport Utility was installed. I reinstalled Airport Utility and see the TC as before. However, I can't figure out how to reinstate the TC as a Z: drive.

Posted on May 3, 2017 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2017 8:33 PM

Just go through the normal mapping procedure..

http://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/mapping-a-network-drive-on-your-windows-10- pc/

The drive should existing in the network and should show in Explorer.. Make sure you reboot the computer if the TC is not showing and make sure bonjour service is running if it fails. There is a special windows disk login client.. is that running.. if not you might find the service is off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2017 8:33 PM in response to munderhill

Just go through the normal mapping procedure..

http://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/mapping-a-network-drive-on-your-windows-10- pc/

The drive should existing in the network and should show in Explorer.. Make sure you reboot the computer if the TC is not showing and make sure bonjour service is running if it fails. There is a special windows disk login client.. is that running.. if not you might find the service is off.

Assigning Time Capsule as Windows drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.