Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to move photos into an album in Photo

I'm using OS X 10.10.5. I downloaded four photos from my iPhone. I am unable to move these photos from "Last Import" into one specific album that already exist, but could move them into other albums. It seems to be just one album that is "not accepting" ... I can move the same photos into any other album.

Thoughts? Thanks

OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on May 3, 2017 6:33 PM

4 replies

May 4, 2017 7:23 PM in response to LarryHN

I have created albums by year/by subject/etc. to organize photos. Among these, I created two albums to separate photos of some property ... "inside album" and "outside album." I downloaded photos from an SLR into Photos where they are automatically placed in the "Last Import" folder. In the past I've always moved photos from Last Import into different albums to organize photos. The last time I tried to move the photos from Last Import into the "inside album" nothing would happen. I'd drag the photos to the album, but they would not transfer. I could however move the photos from Last Import into the "outside album." Once in the "outside album" I tried to move them into "inside," but that would not work either. For some reason there are a group of photos that i am unable to place in an exiting album. Yes, I can still view them, but not where I want to file them. Any thoughts?

May 4, 2017 8:08 PM in response to PCK1117

I've not seen this nor has it been posted here - my best guess is library corruption - where is the library located? You can try backing the library up and holding down the option and command keys while launching Photos are repairing the library - if you are using iCloud Photo Library this will trigger a new total upload of your library to verify ICPL integerity

LN

May 4, 2017 10:33 PM in response to PCK1117

Have you tried to drag the photos from the moments to the album instead? Try to ctrl-click one of the photos in Last Import and then select "Show in Moment". If the photos cannot be revealed in the moments, there may be a problem with your Photos library.

I could however move the photos from Last Import into the "outside album."

Try to recreate your "Inside album". Create a new album "Inside New" and try to drag the photos there. If that works, I'd add all previous "Inside" photos to the new album and discard the old album.

I am unable to move photos into an album in Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.