Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete podcasts

As of yesterday, iTunes 12.6 (on MacBook) will not allow me to delete any podcasts. In addition, every past podcast is showing up (with the cloud symbol) and I can't delete those, either. There have been no updates in the past 30 days. Any suggestions? It makes it hard to manipulate the podcasts into playlists and keep track of which ones I've heard, not to mention filling up my hard disk.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), iOS 10.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2017 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2017 6:36 AM

the cloud symbol denotes the podcast is available, not that you have downloaded it.

if you are unable to delete the podcast from iTunes quit out of iTunes

go to your users folder by from finder by pressing SHIFT+CMD+H

go to Music

go to iTunes

go to iTunes Media

go to Podcasts

User uploaded file

open the folder of the podcast and delete the individual episodes by selecting them and dragging to the trash. Not all podcast allow you to re-download older episodes later if you delete them now or may require you to pay for free content after a specific time.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2017 6:36 AM in response to sally2400

the cloud symbol denotes the podcast is available, not that you have downloaded it.

if you are unable to delete the podcast from iTunes quit out of iTunes

go to your users folder by from finder by pressing SHIFT+CMD+H

go to Music

go to iTunes

go to iTunes Media

go to Podcasts

User uploaded file

open the folder of the podcast and delete the individual episodes by selecting them and dragging to the trash. Not all podcast allow you to re-download older episodes later if you delete them now or may require you to pay for free content after a specific time.

Jun 3, 2017 6:14 AM in response to sally2400

I just ran into this problem on my computer and found a solutions if you like to use the classic list. In the classic list view, in the bottom right corner there is a drop down labeled show. If it is set to Feed, it will show everything, including podcasts are not saved locally. If you change that to Unplayed/My Episodes or Unplayed/My Episodes/Saved, it will eliminate the podcasts that have been deleted.

Can't delete podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.