Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I dock a split keyboard at the bottom of the screen?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 5, 2017 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2017 7:47 AM

I can get it to work, but not reliably. Half of the time, if I can get the keyboard to split, it freezes and becomes unusable and then I have to exit the app and come back in again.

Here is a screenshot of me using it here.

User uploaded file

I realize that many people (especially those younger than the Social Security aged oldsters like me) rely on the split keyboard. But it is of absolutely no interest to me because I can't type on the tiny keys and I can't find them fast enough either.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2017 7:47 AM in response to Skydiver119

I can get it to work, but not reliably. Half of the time, if I can get the keyboard to split, it freezes and becomes unusable and then I have to exit the app and come back in again.

Here is a screenshot of me using it here.

User uploaded file

I realize that many people (especially those younger than the Social Security aged oldsters like me) rely on the split keyboard. But it is of absolutely no interest to me because I can't type on the tiny keys and I can't find them fast enough either.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.