Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no list of App Usage in the Battery Settings

I've just had a new battery installed in my iPhone 6 w/iOS 10.3.1. I also reset all settings. My old battery was so screwed up I really couldn't track longevity. Now, I notice that battery percentage drops without doing much of anything. And, there's no list of App Usage in the Battery Settings. Now I wished I didn't update to 10.3.1
Is there a way to restore to an older iOS from my iMac backups? Should I just wait until Apple fixes it (Ha)?
Or should I erase all content and setting and start from scratch? And, is this a painstaking process?

Thanks in advance for any tips

Posted on May 5, 2017 11:12 AM

14 replies

May 6, 2017 8:51 AM in response to Stan W

Hello Stan W,

I see that you've just had a new battery installed in your iPhone 6. Now, you notice that the battery percentage drops without doing much. You also aren't seeing a list of app usage in the battery settings. I'll be glad to help assist you with this.

You cannot downgrade to a previous iOS version, but I have something for you to try to help resolve this battery issue.

First, you mention that you can't see the list of app usage. As a test, please force close the Settings app, and then check this again to see if you can see the list of apps: Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch . This can help if the Settings app isn't responding like it should. Additionally, this article will help you with battery usage and tips for maximizing the battery lifespan on your iPhone: About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch .

If you still can't see the battery app usage, it might be a good idea to reinstall iOS.

First, use this article to make sure that you have a backup of your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch . Then, use this article to reinstall iOS: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch . Note: This article is intended to be for a different issue but following steps 1-5 will help you reinstall iOS without erasing data.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
All the best.

May 6, 2017 9:19 AM in response to brenden dv

I've erased the iPhone and restored it to a backup a couple of days old. The issue with missing App usage persists. I'll check again in a day or so of using the phone. I'd like a way to erase and restore only important info, like text messages, contacts, etc. I can always download the 3rd party apps and reinstall music.
I'll keep an eye on battery percentage, too

May 8, 2017 7:43 AM in response to Stan W

I have the exact problem... Installed a new battery (tech says it was a reconditioned Apple battery). Battery drains much faster than usual and the apps usage list does not show... Reinstalled IOS 10 and then used ICLOUD to reinstall older settings from about 6 months ago when things worked well (with the old battery). No usage showing and faster battery drain... Await some new ideas!! Thanks.

May 9, 2017 7:16 PM in response to Spedprof

The battery installed is faulty based on Apple's diagnostic test. Now I have to get the 3rd Party company replace it with an Apple battery. Even my old one as Apple will not repair/replace it.

It is also the reason why battery usage is not listing Apps. It appears there's something in Apple's batteries that work with the OS that 3rd party batteries don't.

I've contacted the company that did the battery replacement. They said they'll do what's necessary. If not, I'll dispute it with American Express. And, include the fact that they've caused my phone to be unrepairable by Apple and the only option is replacement. Amex is pretty good with cases like this.

Thinking it's only a battery has become a learning experience.

Stay Tuned.

Oh yeah, online review is also a tool/weapon.

May 10, 2017 6:55 AM in response to Spedprof

Update: the company that replaced the battery will be replacing that battery with an Apple battery. Not a new one but, they'll credit my charge card. And, I'll go to the Apple store for a new Apple battery. I also informed them that their batteries will cause problems for their customers should they need Apple to repair the phone. Apple won't touch them once they open it and see a 3rd party battery. Weird policy as it's not under warranty any longer

May 11, 2017 2:13 PM in response to Spedprof

The company I purchased the 3rd party battery from has removed it and installed an old Apple battery. I was then going to have that replaced at the Apple Store as they wouldn't touch the iPhone with the non-OEM battery.
Turns out that the Apple battery(not my original) they put back in has 1500 out of the full 1810mAh. And, the battery drain seems to be acceptable. 10% drain after 3 hours standby and 1 hr. of use. And, the App usage list is back to normal. Not going to replace this one for a while. So, it kinda worked out.

no list of App Usage in the Battery Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.