Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MZFinance.BadLogin.MacAppStore_message

Currently having issues with my Macbook Air (2012) Yosemite (10.10.5)

My apple ID works on all of my Apple devices execpt for my Macbook air. I'm trying to update the software but cannot log into App Store, iTunes, Ibooks etc. I'm getting this message "MZFinance.BadLogin.MacAppStore_message"

Could anyone help!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on May 6, 2017 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2017 3:51 PM

I spoke to Apple and they said to try opening a new user on the same laptop and try updating from that account. ( Which did nothing)

Then spoke to someone else and they said to put your apple id password and the 6 digit verification code togther.

That worked and have had no issue since. Hope that helps.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2017 3:51 PM in response to ooie_3

I spoke to Apple and they said to try opening a new user on the same laptop and try updating from that account. ( Which did nothing)

Then spoke to someone else and they said to put your apple id password and the 6 digit verification code togther.

That worked and have had no issue since. Hope that helps.

May 17, 2017 12:20 AM in response to ooie_3

If you have enabled two-factor authentication and any device (iPhone) and your Mac is running an older version of the MacOS, you don't get prompted to insert the 6 digit code. You should type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

See at the very bottom "What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?" by following this link Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

May 6, 2017 5:48 PM in response to ooie_3

From last year -- an interesting MZfinance thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/what-is-mzfinance-inappbuyloginrequired-mes sage.1976644/

It suggests:

Do not* enter your password

MZ has been around for ~5 years

Some app devs were getting this message when testing in-app purchases on their own apps

Perhaps downloading a free app from App Store may clear it

Free solitaire apps are suspicious -- try deleting them ; )

MZFinance.BadLogin.MacAppStore_message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.