Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I listen to audiobooks on my iphone?

How can I listen on my iphone to audiobooks that are stored in itunes on my MAC?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2017 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2017 7:11 AM

Are your audiobooks hosted either in Audible or iBooks? If so, you can access them from their respective iOS app on your iPhone. One issue you may come across is with DRM. Because of DRM, you won't be able to play audiobooks with any iOS app.

Basically, on an iOS device, Apple provides the iBooks app. These audiobooks are synced using iTunes to your device.

Ref:

Another possible option, although I haven't actually verified that it will work is to use an app, like FileBrowser, to access the audiobooks on your Mac. However, again, you may run into DRM as the limiting factor for playback.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2017 7:11 AM in response to deganj

Are your audiobooks hosted either in Audible or iBooks? If so, you can access them from their respective iOS app on your iPhone. One issue you may come across is with DRM. Because of DRM, you won't be able to play audiobooks with any iOS app.

Basically, on an iOS device, Apple provides the iBooks app. These audiobooks are synced using iTunes to your device.

Ref:

Another possible option, although I haven't actually verified that it will work is to use an app, like FileBrowser, to access the audiobooks on your Mac. However, again, you may run into DRM as the limiting factor for playback.

May 6, 2017 9:52 AM in response to Saifan Pilot

The audio books came from CD-disks that were copied into the I-tunes library of my Desk MAC. They are placed in an audiobook playlist then synced to my phone for listening while jogging.

I realize that I might be able to get books from Audible but I already have the CD-disks and have already copied them onto the MAC. I just want to HEAR them via the i-phone because it should be more convenient than jogging with my desk-MAC or one of those old-fashioned disk players.

How can I listen to audiobooks on my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.