Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn Shuffle off in iTunes

I have followed thread after thread on how to turn shuffle off on an iPhone running an iTunes playlist. They are all bogus. I have an iPhone 6+ running the very latest IOS and I always update my apps, including iTunes. There is only one way I have successfully turned shuffle OFF: Take the iPhone out to my car, link with bluetooth, and using the CAR controls, turn shuffle off. Then when I disconnect, the shuffle remains off. I love my Apple technology because it is so intuitively simple. But this is a fix Apple could easily make by simply having a shuffle on and off icon on the main screen instead of having ONLY a shuffle on switch.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on May 7, 2017 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2017 9:37 PM

See animation below, I pointed "Repeat" button with arrow, but next to it you can see the Shuffle button.

Just perform a swipe up finger gesture on the album artwork.

User uploaded file

6 replies

May 8, 2017 9:21 AM in response to rwright1

When you are playing a song if you click it toward the bottom of your screen (right above the library, browse, search bar) it will bring up your album art and controls scroll up and you will see the shuffle and repeat buttons. You should be able to turn off shuffle there. If you scroll past the lyrics (if available) you should see the Up Next to verify the songs are not being shuffled.

Edit: As others said above 😉

Turn Shuffle off in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.