Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Regulatory

Need some help from those who currently use iPhone 7 purchased in Singapore. Under Setting->Legal->Regulatiry, is there "Japan" as shown in the attached picture? A friend in Japan wants to buy an iPhone 7 in Singapore as it's SIM lock free unlike in Japan but says certain products don't work in Japan unless Japan appears on Regulatory. Thanks for your help!

User uploaded file

Posted on May 8, 2017 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2017 7:56 PM

Hello,

I am in the US, so I don't have Japan in my settings, so I'm not 100% sure if it will be compatible in Japan.

It will be best to buy the iPhone in Japan as the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models sold in Japan—A1779 and A1785—contain FeliCa for payment and transit with Apple Pay.

Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2017 7:56 PM in response to indigo2017

Hello,

I am in the US, so I don't have Japan in my settings, so I'm not 100% sure if it will be compatible in Japan.

It will be best to buy the iPhone in Japan as the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models sold in Japan—A1779 and A1785—contain FeliCa for payment and transit with Apple Pay.

Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

iPhone 7 Regulatory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.