Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Sending pictures

Question on sending photos from iPhone and iPad.

When I select and send photos from my iPhone it asks if the pictures should be sent in original full size or in a smaller size. Usually there are three sizes that can be selected in addition to sending actual size. Great to send pictures that would otherwise not get sent due to file size limitations.

On both my iPad and my iPad Mini that feature does not come up. Looked into settings but could not find anything.

Why iPhone but not iPad?? All devices are up to date software.10.3.1

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.1, also iPad Mini2

Posted on May 9, 2017 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2017 11:33 AM

Emailing images. from the Photos app and changing their size within iOS Mail app.

In the Photos Apps, tap the words Select (in the upper right) and then select an image/photo to email, tap the share button (square symbol with an arrow sticking out of the square located in the upper left), from the pop up selections, select mail/email.

The main iOS Mail app window appears and your image should appear in the larger body text composition area.

To change the sizes of an image, in the top cc/bcc panel/column, to the right, there should be a text that states the size of the image/s/photo/s.

Tap on the actual size wording.

When you tap on size, a series of thin blue boxes should appear with different image sizes in them and you can tap on one of these to change the size of the image/s/photo/s you want to email.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2017 11:33 AM in response to k9debdon

Emailing images. from the Photos app and changing their size within iOS Mail app.

In the Photos Apps, tap the words Select (in the upper right) and then select an image/photo to email, tap the share button (square symbol with an arrow sticking out of the square located in the upper left), from the pop up selections, select mail/email.

The main iOS Mail app window appears and your image should appear in the larger body text composition area.

To change the sizes of an image, in the top cc/bcc panel/column, to the right, there should be a text that states the size of the image/s/photo/s.

Tap on the actual size wording.

When you tap on size, a series of thin blue boxes should appear with different image sizes in them and you can tap on one of these to change the size of the image/s/photo/s you want to email.

iPad Sending pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.