Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes,says,my,ASL.dll,is,missing

I am using Windows 7 Home on my desktop PC. I uninstalled iTunes and all other Apple support programs due to continuing problems with iTunes not being able to open the store. After everything was reinstalled, and I tried to run iTunes, I just get an error message that says my ASL.dll is missing from my computer. And "Try reinstalling the program to fix this program". Does this mean try reinstalling iTunes? Or the ASL.dll ? If it is asl.dll, what is a good, really free, app or program to do it?

Thank you

Posted on May 9, 2017 4:18 PM

2 replies

May 10, 2017 7:23 AM in response to texaz56

The general troubleshooting advice when iTunes fails to install properly (and reinstalling or repairing it does not work) is to remove not only iTunes but all related components, reboot, remove the target installation folders and reinstall. See the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section of this article from turingtest2:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

You might try repairing Apple Software Update first. Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Win XP) or Programs and Features (later).

May 10, 2017 1:11 PM in response to javaliga

Thank you so much for your reply javaliga. I tried removing anything I had related to Apple, then reinstalled iTunes. That took care of my asl.dll problem. It reinstalled with the iTunes Apple support programs. I keep the articles from turingtest2 easily accessible all the time. 😉 Actually, even when iTunes will open at all, it's very, very sluggish and it will NOT open the store or recognize my login. I think I have more problems than I thought when I asked this question. I think maybe it's time I contact the computer support service I pay to investigate all of my computer problems.

Thank you again

Barbara 😕🙂

iTunes,says,my,ASL.dll,is,missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.