Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari History across devices

I am trying to view the safari history from my iPhone on to my iPod touch, how can I do this ?

Posted on May 9, 2017 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2017 3:16 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Csharding.
If I understand your post correctly, you'd like to be able to see your browsing history from both your iPhone and iPod Touch. I'm happy to help.
To be able to do this, you'll need to set up Handoff like this:

Set up Handoff

Use Handoff with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch that meets the Continuity system requirements. Handoff works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:

• Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
    To see the Apple ID used by Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then go to General > Apple ID.
  • Each device has Bluetooth turned on.
  • Each Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch has Wi-Fi turned on.
  • Each device has Handoff turned on:
    • On Mac, choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click General. Select “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
    • On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Handoff, then turn on Handoff.
    • On Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap General and turn on Enable Handoff.
      Apple Watch supports handing off from watch to iPhone only.

Once that's done, you can view the browsing history by tapping User uploaded file > History.
For more information, see the full article here:
Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2017 3:16 PM in response to Csharding

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Csharding.
If I understand your post correctly, you'd like to be able to see your browsing history from both your iPhone and iPod Touch. I'm happy to help.
To be able to do this, you'll need to set up Handoff like this:

Set up Handoff

Use Handoff with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch that meets the Continuity system requirements. Handoff works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:

• Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
    To see the Apple ID used by Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then go to General > Apple ID.
  • Each device has Bluetooth turned on.
  • Each Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch has Wi-Fi turned on.
  • Each device has Handoff turned on:
    • On Mac, choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click General. Select “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
    • On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Handoff, then turn on Handoff.
    • On Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap General and turn on Enable Handoff.
      Apple Watch supports handing off from watch to iPhone only.

Once that's done, you can view the browsing history by tapping User uploaded file > History.
For more information, see the full article here:
Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Safari History across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.