Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks on my Mac are not syncing

I have the following devices: iPhone, iPad Pro, MacBook Air and a 27" iMac. All devices have the most current OS installed. My iBook documents all sync together except for the ones on the iMac. I just can't figure out why. I am signed into iCloud and everything is checked that needs syncing.

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on May 10, 2017 9:27 AM

7 replies

May 11, 2017 11:41 AM in response to Lyle Phillips

Good afternoon Lyle,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having issues with iBooks not syncing with your iMac. Take a look at the resources below for initial steps to troubleshoot this issue. You can redownload purchases if necessary to your iMac. Is it possible that some purchases were made with a different Apple ID? Also, check to see if you have iCloud Drive enabled on your iMac.

Sync iBooks between your Mac and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Redownload music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store​

Use iCloud Drive or iBooks to access your PDF files, ePub files, and books​

iBooks Support

Take care.

Sep 26, 2017 5:08 AM in response to Lyle Phillips

I had this problem too and was puzzled by it but managed to find the solution:

What you need to do is go to the device where files are not being syncronized and go to Settings>iCloud and then switch off iCloud, wait a moment, then switch it on again. If this doesn't work then do the same for the iBook switch under the iCould settings. Once you switch both back on again, it will refresh and all your saved files will be restored. Hope that helps!

iBooks on my Mac are not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.