Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs I bought on iTunes are no longer available for download.

Meaning I purchased the songs on iTunes, then got a new PC, and after installing iTunes on it, I've noticed a few iTunes-purchased tracks no longer show up in my library at all. I go to the store, look them up, and there they are, but I'd have to purchase them again, and I KNOW I already did. It's as if they removed the particular versions I'd bought and uploaded new ones - which is probably what happened; I notice duplicated albums on iTunes all the time. In one case I still had access to the old PC I'd bought a track on, so I got the file directly from there - but again, on the store it doesn't show that I purchased it.

I've seen a lot of similar questions but none that address this particular problem. It's not that I just don't know how to download from the cloud or whatever...lol. It's that songs I bought are no longer available to me like they should be. Again I've only noticed this with a few out of hundreds, but there are probably others I haven't noticed yet.

Posted on May 10, 2017 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2018 5:38 PM

However, it is apple’s liability because we are purchasing from them. It’s their obligation to make the purchases available forever unless it’s a rent.

5 replies

May 10, 2017 5:31 PM in response to jonjon358

HI Jonjon358!

Sounds like the items should be under your account, but are not showing in your purchase history. Here is what I'd propose to check first:

1.) check the computer's authorization

Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support

2.) verify the transaction exists under this account

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088

3.) download from the purchase list

Redownload music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

If these steps don't lead you to find them, I would recommend 2 last things.

1.) Check if you have more than 1 apple id

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid

2.) Contact Apple for assistance. If you talk to iTunes Store support and verify your account with the advisor, they can help find purchases and see if the content may have been removed and reuploaded requiring a refund request so you can repurchase the altered items.

I always hate it when the artist/music producer removes and reuploads content because this kind of thing can happen. Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Dec 2, 2017 10:26 PM in response to jonjon358

For those in the future: The issue is that your "purchased" items are hidden for some reason.

Itunes: View Account: Unhide Music.

1. Authorize computer to download files.

2. Select artist you want to unhide - download that artist; or select "Unhide All" in lower right corner.

3. Should show in iTunes on any device logged in under "Purchased"

Songs I bought on iTunes are no longer available for download.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.