Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access violation at address 01010A85

Hello,

I have a genealogy program, RootsMagic, installed on my MacBookPro. At a certain stage in using the program I'm getting a message that says "Access violation at address 01010A85 in module 'RootsMagic.exe'. Read of address 00000060'.

I have checked for updates in the program, run the Mac Diagnostic tool to see if I'm having memory issues (nothing came up), and re-installed the program. I am running Sierra as my browser (I think thats the right term), and have OS X 10.9.5.

Process Speed 2.9 GHz

One Processor

Memory 8 Gb

Available 681.99 Gb (as shown on the bottom of the Finder window.

The program manufacturer says this error is either something I'm doing or something wrong with the computer.

Model Name: MacB

Would anyone have any ideas how to help me?

Thank you so much,

Kathi Ivey

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS 9.0.x, See question

Posted on May 10, 2017 5:21 PM

1 reply

May 10, 2017 5:52 PM in response to genafan201

Hi,

No expert, but think .exe is Windows; I wonder if that module hasn't been made to function with Mac? Just thinking out loud really. 🙂

Just fyi, Sierra is an OS (operating system), 10.12. 10.9.5 is also an OS, Mavericks, so you don't have both installed, at least not on the same partition. A browser would be something like Safari, Firefox or Chrome, used to visit Internet sites.

Access violation at address 01010A85

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.