Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iBook Author: How to control the font of gallery numbering

In iBook Author:

(Note: In my book, I'm using a forgotten template and therefore winging it.)

Concerning the font used in the numbering of photos in a Gallery:

First, when a Gallery of photos exceeds 11 photos (or so), the numbering system of those photos switches from a series of clickable dots to the following, shown as an example: "2 of 13" (photo #2 in a series of 13 photos).

Now, here's the problem: In those galleries that exceed 11 photos and use the above-specified numbering system, the font I've chosen for the photo captions has, in all but a few cases, determined the font of the numbering system ("2 of 13"). In those few cases where the font of the numbering system differs from the font of the caption, the font used is the same as the page numbering font. Can I correct that?

iMac, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on May 11, 2017 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2017 10:35 PM

The text paragraph style in the caption controls the numbering that you want to change.

In fact, you can have different fonts and numbering on each slide in your gallery. Change the paragraph style, or font in the style and you can control the font of the numbering.

See the example in the images below and notice the fonts and paragraph styles applied to each of the different slides in the gallery. The images are all from different slides in the SAME gallery.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I believe the default style applied is Caption 1, but you can use any paragraph style you want. If you want consistency, make sure all of the captions in the gallery or galleries are using the same paragraph style.

If you are not using captions below your images, turn on Captions in the Widget Inspector and use the default paragraph style "Caption 1" on the first slide caption, style the font, size and color of the caption to redefine it first, then turn off Captions in the Widget Inspector.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2017 10:35 PM in response to stevenmalamudxmiller

The text paragraph style in the caption controls the numbering that you want to change.

In fact, you can have different fonts and numbering on each slide in your gallery. Change the paragraph style, or font in the style and you can control the font of the numbering.

See the example in the images below and notice the fonts and paragraph styles applied to each of the different slides in the gallery. The images are all from different slides in the SAME gallery.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I believe the default style applied is Caption 1, but you can use any paragraph style you want. If you want consistency, make sure all of the captions in the gallery or galleries are using the same paragraph style.

If you are not using captions below your images, turn on Captions in the Widget Inspector and use the default paragraph style "Caption 1" on the first slide caption, style the font, size and color of the caption to redefine it first, then turn off Captions in the Widget Inspector.

User uploaded file

May 12, 2017 12:23 PM in response to stevenmalamudxmiller

Good afternoon stevenmalamudxmiller,

For help with your specific issue with the font in your iBooks photo gallery, contact the iBook Author support team below:

Authors & Book Publishers: Frequently Asked Questions

I can’t find the answer to my question. Where can I get additional help?

Apple provides support to iBooks Store authors and publishers via email and phone:

• Send an email to ibooks_applicationsupport@apple.com
  • If you have an Apple ID enabled for iTunes Connect, you can contact the iBooks Publisher Support team by phone, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PT). Local phone support is available in English in the countries listed below.
Austria 0800 070 267
Australia 1300 307 504
(Note that this is a low tariff number.)
Denmark 8025 1619
France 0805 540 117
Germany 0800 664 5307
Italy 800 915 902
Netherlands 0800 0201 578
Norway 8005 6951
Spain 900 812 687
Sweden 020 100 528
U.K. 0800 975 0615
U.S. +1 (877) 206-2092
(Toll-free from U.S. and Canada.)

iBooks Author: Publishing and distribution FAQ

iBooks Author: iBookstore publishing overview

Take care.

In iBook Author: How to control the font of gallery numbering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.