Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp ignores Do not disturb

WhatsApp can vibrate and ring during the night, also of I have activated "do. not disturb"

Is this an big error in apples software?

Am I the only one ?

Thanks

((latest iOS)

Posted on May 11, 2017 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2017 9:59 AM

Doesn’t work, even with the right settings, whatsapp calls still make the phone vibarate while all other things get muted and do not vibarate, it is realy anoying, especialy when you want to sleep and the only persons that you want to disturb you are your favorites.

13 replies

May 11, 2017 2:41 PM in response to -Iprod-

It has nothing to do with Apple's software. Do not disturb only affects Apple's core iOS features - the telephone app, the messaging app and iOS notifications service. It does not interact with or affect third party apps - Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you want WhatsApp to implement something similar, then you need to suggest it to the WhatsApp developers. Or, close WhatsApp at night, and disable it in background app refresh in settings. But if you leave it open and running in the background, it's going to keep on working as designed.

Dec 30, 2017 6:44 PM in response to -Iprod-

As of Dec 2017 and iOS 11.2.1, the bug 🐜 is still there!

Very annoying; very much so!!

I would not want to turn WhatsApp off, neither Celular Data, nor Wi-Fi. Also, I do want WhatsApp messages to come in still while Do Not Disturb is on!! I just do not want to be disturbed (ie. No sounds, no banners) when WhatsApp messages are received! I use Do Not Disturb quite frequently, on and off, several times during the day and night—everyday—. I would not want to keep also turning WhatsApp off every time I turn Do Not Disturb on. I need WhatsApp on all the time. I just can not be distracted with its visual/audio notifications at given times. C’mon, Apple! Time to fix this bug 🐜!

Jan 1, 2018 11:16 PM in response to KerrBr

Very annoying; very much so!!

I would not want to turn WhatsApp off, neither Celular Data, nor Wi-Fi. Also, I do want WhatsApp messages to come in still while Do Not Disturb is on!! I just do not want to be disturbed (ie. No sounds, no banners) when WhatsApp messages are received! I use Do Not Disturb quite frequently, on and off, several times during the day and night—everyday—. I would not want to keep also turning WhatsApp off every time I turn Do Not Disturb on. I need WhatsApp on all the time. I just can not be distracted with its visual/audio notifications at given times. C’mon, Apple! Time to fix this bug

Jan 8, 2018 5:13 AM in response to Kolinkaz

You re missing the point on “Do No Disturb”!

I do not wish to turn off Notifications on WhatsApp.

I do need to be notified when messages are sent.

I just do not want to be disturbed, when Do Not Disturb is on.

Can you see the difference?

Also, I turn Do Not Disturb on several times during any given day. If I have to go to Settings/Notifications to turn off each non-Apple App Notifications every time I turn Do Not Disturb on, the whole need of having Do Not Disturb is pointless..

Mar 14, 2018 12:48 AM in response to MarioDiangelo

Is the same issue when whatsapp still vibrate even the phone is Mute.😮 More annoying it vibrates the phone during the call. Its such a pleasure to be on a call and still hearing the alert on your ear and vibrate also on your ear. And more funny, the notifications are also heard by the other person 😐

How stupid you could be to allow such a thing? And knowing about that issue for years and dont give a spit about it?

Wake up apple!

WhatsApp ignores Do not disturb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.